Black Grouse

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
hilliamash
Bronze Member

Black Grouse

Postby hilliamash » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:38 am

So, I'm dying to know what any of you folks think about the Black Grouse, now that it's been launched. I haven't seen it here yet, but was curious if anyone has tried it. That too might be a nice "sherry & peat" combo. Of course, I suppose I could always bribe someone to get me a bottle! Ha! :?

harry

objetti
Bronze Member

Re: Black Grouse

Postby objetti » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:51 am

It´s been sold here for over a year and it is a perfectly OK blend with some Islay influence (I find it better than the ordinary Grouse even if I can rather obviously taste that blend inside the Black also)
You will actually help the real Black Grouse bird by buying a bottle (50p should go to preservation project from what I´ve heard)

hilliamash
Bronze Member

Postby hilliamash » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:00 am

Thanks, Objetti. I had read about the conservation efforts, and that is a boon hopefully to the real bird. Nice to see companies getting involved in such a way--small amounts can really add up to help a cause.

Gov
Gold Member

Postby Gov » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:02 am

Oh When oh when is it coming to the US!! :evil:

les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:58 am

My father is a fan of the Grouse and a member of the RSPB. So he has been looking forward to the release of this one for ages. He phoned me from Sainsbury's yesterday all excited as he'd just got a bottle. £15 a pop. I'll probably get one on friday. :)

hilliamash
Bronze Member

Postby hilliamash » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:24 am

I whole-heartedly agree, Willie!! And, in this case, the more you drink...the better one might feel! :dead:

Return to “Whisky Tastings”