Tormore?

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
RufusA
Bronze Member

Tormore?

Postby RufusA » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:23 am

SWMBO has kindly texted me to say that our local Tesco have some Tormore on clearance priced at £9.99 at a bottle. No idea of age or packaging as she's not really in to that kind of thing.

I've replied that it would be rude not to, but what should I expect from such a "modern" distillery?

I'm guessing at that price it's probably going to be more of a Ledaig than an Ardbeg.... quality wise!

Rufus.

BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby BruceCrichton » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:42 am

It's probably 12 years old. Tormore is available from my local Morrisons but I've never seen it in Tesco

Leither
Gold Member

Postby Leither » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:03 pm

Typically honeyed Speysider for me - I think we discussed recently on the Supermarket deals thread and someone picked up a bottle.

At that price IWBveryRNT!

RufusA
Bronze Member

Postby RufusA » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:23 pm

Leither wrote:Typically honeyed Speysider for me

So long as it's honeyed and not caramelled with a slightly strange after-taste.

It's a shame in some respects that a lot of the smaller Speysiders taste like a "typically honeyed Speysider". Glenlivet obviously excepted!

Rufus.

irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:43 pm

RufusA wrote:
Leither wrote:Typically honeyed Speysider for me

So long as it's honeyed and not caramelled with a slightly strange after-taste.

It's a shame in some respects that a lot of the smaller Speysiders taste like a "typically honeyed Speysider". Glenlivet obviously excepted!

Rufus.

No offence RufusA but that is like saying that it's a pity that alot of Islays are too heavily peated ....

This is a traith that goes back hundereds of years and basically was the style that made them popular in the first place, and considered a major selling point.... therefore it obvious that even new distilleries may pick up on that traith, whether by design or by area default.

Don't be too hard on me :angel:

Return to “Whisky Tastings”