Ardbeg Discussion

All your whisky related questions answered here.
r900p
Double Gold Member

Ardbeg Discussion

Postby r900p » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:38 am

I'm seeing a lot of these about at the moment, the discussion is written across the label horizontally, whats the difference between the normal bottlings.

Rob

Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Spirit of Islay » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:55 am

The "For Discussion" was a committee bottling that started the Very Young/Still Young/Almost There series off . A 1997 Distillation Bottled in 2003 it was very mature for it's age IMHO , it came out before the speculators really started hoovering up the Ardbegs , glad i've got a few in the cupboard for drinking , it's a cracking Dram !

Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:38 am

SoI is quite correct.
This "For Discussion" is a desirable committee bottling which is appreciating nicely in value from the original issue price.

Here is some info on all these bottlings:
http://www.whiskymag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5724&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ardbeg+discusssion&start=25

Just page down a little to my post.
MT

les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:49 am

I'm glad I've got a couple in the cupboard. Last year we had a thread running, counting down from 1352 to where all the young ooglings went. We never did get to Zero or anywhere near it.

:)

les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:50 am

Actually thinking about that the committee release for young oogling went out. But a young oogling release never came about did it.

:?

Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:57 am

The only Ardbeg committee bottling which I can immediately remember being turned into a general release, albeit limited, was that "For Discussion".

I think the Oogling was just building on the "Young" image with a one-off, committee release.
But there again, there is still time to prove me wrong and release a Young Ooooogly.
MT

Return to “Questions & Answers”