Glen Moray 1986 Commemorative bottling

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Whiskeynoob

Glen Moray 1986 Commemorative bottling

Postby Whiskeynoob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:16 pm

Glen Moray 1986 Commemorative bottling.

Hi, i brought one of these 18 months ago and its coming round to a friends 40 birthday. Now at the time it was around 70 pound if a remember right but would it be worth keeping up myself as an investment ( i have got no idea if it would increase in value or not) or just give it away as a pressie?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby vitara7 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:25 pm

speaking as someone who has a lrage whisky collection putrly on the hope of it gaining in the future, i would say drink it, glen moray isnt a very collectabledistillery at present, although that may change depending on what the new owners decide to do with it.

drink it and share a quality whisky with friends.

TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby TheLaddie » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:25 am

vitara7 wrote:glen moray isnt a very collectable distillery at present

Unless you mix it with Ardbeg :roll:

Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:02 pm

Tastewise, the whisky is something of a slow burner - the first couple of drams seem rather bland and, perhaps, a bit bourbonny. But after it had been open a few days I started to appreciate the subtle balance of the whisky - to stretch Jools Holland's analogy, it is being played by a very big orchestra, but at a rather quiet volume. I think it is a whisky that deserves to be tasted - it really is very good - but perhaps during a quiet and contemplative evening rather than at a party.

corbuso
Gold Member

Re: Glen Moray 1986 Commemorative bottling

Postby corbuso » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:47 pm

Whiskeynoob wrote:Glen Moray 1986 Commemorative bottling.

Hi, i brought one of these 18 months ago and its coming round to a friends 40 birthday. Now at the time it was around 70 pound if a remember right but would it be worth keeping up myself as an investment ( i have got no idea if it would increase in value or not) or just give it away as a pressie?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

The bottle was quite expensive (£75) and I haven't opened mine yet. The special bottlings of Glen Morays I tried so far were very good and worth being opened. In terms of value, I don't think you will be able to sell it for any profits within the next 2-3 years. With time and depending on the efforts of LVMH, it might take increase in value. If you want to make some profits, you have better to be very patient...

corbuso
-----------
http://www.whisky-news.com

Return to “Questions & Answers”