Auchentoshan 3 Wood - oh no, it's run out!

General chat and talk about whisky.
Deactivated Member

Auchentoshan 3 Wood - oh no, it's run out!

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:50 pm

Just when I wanted to buy a case to use this highly recommended dram in one of my New Year tastings, I find it's run out!
:(

After placing an order with my German importer I have seen that it cannot be delivered as there is none!
After a few telephone calls I am told it may be available again sometime during January.

Let's hope so as I want this one for a tasting in late January / early February.
MT

vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby vitara7 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:37 pm

try ebay if your only looking for the one bottle or try thewhiskyexchange

TheLaddie
Gold Member

Postby TheLaddie » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:36 am

My local whisky shop has got some in too (I nearly bought a bottle to share with my dad today but plumbed for an Edradour instead...) See the link below my signature.

Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:47 am

Will they release more for sure?? Was it something limited or something as part of their range? It's good, hopefully it comes back around!!

kallaskander
Double Gold Member

Postby kallaskander » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:51 pm

Hi there,

http://www.thewhiskytrader.de quicksearch

There you will find it.

Greetings
kallaskander

Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:18 pm

Thanks for the replies and yes, if I find that I only need 1 bottle for the tasting I will visit one of those sites and buy a bottle, or even use an alternative malt with a suitable wood finish. I even know a couple more places where it is available.
However, as this is my business, I was relying on my importer as I do intend to sell some myself and it is quite difficult to compete when I have to buy at high street / internet dealer prices and then sell for the same price onwards.

Hopefully, the new delivery will materialise in January.
MT

Drammer

Postby Drammer » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:14 am

Malt-Teaser wrote:Thanks for the replies and yes, if I find that I only need 1 bottle for the tasting I will visit one of those sites and buy a bottle, or even use an alternative malt with a suitable wood finish. I even know a couple more places where it is available.
However, as this is my business, I was relying on my importer as I do intend to sell some myself and it is quite difficult to compete when I have to buy at high street / internet dealer prices and then sell for the same price onwards.

Hopefully, the new delivery will materialise in January.
MT

Balvenie doublewood is very nice.

Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:17 am

Oh yes, I forgot about that one, thanks Drammer.

I'll try to find the German importer as I need to get hold of some Balvenie anyway.
MT

Return to “Whisky Chat”