Very different from anything I've ever had before.
I though the dram was almost Nugatti-like (the fugde based chocolate-nutty stuff some people put on their sandwiches). Perhaps my tastebuds were out of sync, but has anyone else got a similar taste impression?
1) I've read the ratings given by Whiskymag, but does anyone got some personal taste notes on this?
2) Are there any similar whiskies in taste that can measure up to this?
3) Are there any special botts (independant or OB's) of Edradour recommandable other than the 10yo?
I like this whisky
- Double Gold Member
- Posts: 1119
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:47 pm
- Location: Heddesheim, Germany
good advice laphroaig 10_65. Ever tried the Laphroaig 10 years Rioja ACE by Murray McDavid?
IMO all the wine finishings are even more unforgiving if you only slightly overdo it with water than sherry cask bottlings where you have to be extremely careful already. To me the wine notes are too strong in the undiluted wine finished whisky from the begining. Adding water did not help it any but made it worse, in most cases worst.
Soapy, perfumy, sticky with an aftertaste that is impossible to get rid of for the next couple of hours. In my opinion this is one of the worst whiskies I have ever tried and I am having big difficulties in emptying the bottle. I have tried to give it to my friends but as they, too, have the same bad experience from this whisky I simply can't see any other solution than to pour it down the drain. Undrinkable!!
- Gold Member
- Posts: 531
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:08 am
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest