Edradour 10 year old

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Bronze Member

Edradour 10 year old

Postby Ian_Hamilton » Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:35 pm

I usually buy a bottle every month and the latest bottle I bought was Edradour but I was very dissapionted with it and I rate it as the worst whisky I have tasted!
Whats your view if you have tried it?

Silver Member

Postby Gate » Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:57 am

It may be worth trying it again, as I have found Edradour to be one of the best if you get a good bottle, but terribly variable. The last bottle I had was just flat and boring, but one I bought more recently in the new shaped bottle is excellent. Anything to do with the famously small stills?

Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:22 pm

I had Edradour a couple of times, but nothing very special there. This Signatory bottles are better, especial those from 1976, these ar quite good.

Bronze Member

Postby Ian_Hamilton » Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:04 pm

Maybe its a bad bottle/batch but I have had another go at it and certainly wont buy another incase its the same!

Nic Rhodes
Bronze Member

Postby Nic Rhodes » Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:39 pm

I have just had the new distillery bottling (now signatory owned) and I think it is really pretty impressive. Much better than I remember the old one. A second Bruichladdich? The presentation looks better as well. Anyone else had it?

Return to “Whisky Tastings”