With great food, a fantastic location and the support of the UK's largest independent retailer, the Whisky Shop, Whisky Live Glasgow remains the greatest celebration of the very best whiskies in the world.
Show details- Saturday 11th September 2010
- The Thistle Ballroom. Glasgow
- New hours; 12 noon to 5pm
- Entrance ticket prices; Full day ticket £25 (12 to 5); VIP ticket £35 (12 to 5); designated driver £15; half day £18 (2 to 5)
- Masterclass ticket prices; Regular ticket £13
Saturday 11th September, Full day ticket, 12 noon to 5pm
Including Whisky Live tasting glass, show guide, 8 vouchers and food. £25*. On door price £29.50
Saturday 11th September, Half day ticket, 2pm to 5pm
Including Whisky Live tasting glass, show guide, 4 vouchers and food. £18*. On door price £22.50
* Ticket prices include VAT and exclude booking fee
Masterclass tickets: £13
Further sample vouchers are available on the day.
Tickets are strictly limited - book now to avoid disappointment
And for 2010 the new format offers- Improved food offering for all guests
- Retail; the UK's largest independent retailer, the Whisky Shop, will offer all the products tasted at the show as well as the finest after-show service.
- The VIP lounge; in the heart of the show will be the VIP lounge where visitors receive a different range of food, and will also be joined throughout the day by exhibitors for impromptu tastings and conversations
- The Masterclass; 30 to 50 people
- The Tasterclass; up to 100 people in an informal setting
- Whisky tour - experience the show under the private guidance of the editor of Whisky Magazine; 3 ten minute tours throughout the show
- Food and whisky combinations; chocolate and cheese paired with whisky
- Book signings
- Coopering displays
- The Beer Experience
- Whisky Antiques Roadshow
- Collectors' Corner
- Independent Bottlers' Challenge winners stand
Whisky Live gives you the unique opportunity to sample the great whiskies, whilst mingling with the producers, independent bottlers and brand ambassadors all under one roof. In addition to learning about the world of whisky, visitors have the opportunity to sample rare and sought after whiskies and meet the stars of the industry.
The Whisky Live Masterclasses are a unique insight into the world of whisky and are tutored by master distillers and other leading whisky experts. Tickets will go on sale from August 1st from http://www.whiskylive.com priced at £13 per session.
Can I ask Pippa, what exactly will we get if we purchase a VIP ticket? So often, in many types of shows they advertise VIP tickets/rooms at an extra cost for them only to be found extremely disappointing.
I've also been invited to a couple of distillery tours that day, so I'm weighing up my options.
Will I go? Probably 70/30 in favour, cause I'm a sucker for "Whisky Live", although I know of many people who will not be attending this year.
We'll travel up on Friday and make a weekend of it as we live in West Yorkshire.
We've gone for the VIP tickets - I hope they are worth the extra.
I was at the Fringe on Saturday, another excellent event. Hopefully WL Glasgow will compete this year after a bit of a dodgy one in 2009.
Will there be anything in the local paper about the event?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests