Whisky galore - scotch malt whisky society edition

Are you looking for a rare book or would you like to review what you are reading?
Montees1

Whisky galore - scotch malt whisky society edition

Postby Montees1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi there, i have an unread copy of the scotch malt whisky societys edition of whisky galore dated 1999 with a miniture of scotch malt whisky society whisky galore cask no 1.101 25yr old single cask scotch malt whisky in it unopened.

Question is - is it worth anything / worth keeping or should i let my dad crack open the mini and enjoy it ?

Thanks

ErnestM

Re: Whisky galore - scotch malt whisky society edition

Postby ErnestM » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Tried to get some info on it, but I am coming up dry.

For me, that means no one is really looking for it all that actively.

From that, you can either take away that, it is not in demand or it would be too difficult to find someone willing to pay good money for it.

If you want to get some money for it, it would take a bit of doing. You could put a couple feelers out there, but be careful when you trying to sell alcohol. Always make sure you are acting within your local laws.

It is certainly an interesting item.

Best of luck with making your decision.

Jolly Toper

Re: Whisky galore - scotch malt whisky society edition

Postby Jolly Toper » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Minis can be surprisingly collectable and 1999 was not yesterday - I'd not like to say drink it as collectors can be a bit crazy. I can't help thinking you should both share it. SMWS distillery No.1 is Glenfarclas, which usually means sherry cask, which can be pretty promising.

Return to “Whisky Books”