Books to read

Are you looking for a rare book or would you like to review what you are reading?
Cask Connoisseur

Books to read

Postby Cask Connoisseur » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:27 am

Hi All,

I am new to the forums and also new to the world of Whisk(e)y! :D

I visited Glen Turret distillery last week and fell in love with single malt whisky then. I bought and have almost read 'Malt Whisky: The Complete Guide by Charles MacLean'. Which fascinates me and I am booked in with my local Whisky fellowship to begin exploring the world of Whisky with experienced drinkers.

Ok - so to the point of the post.

I want to know what books people recommend a newbie to read- Is there a good reading list I should work though?

Also, is the Whisky Magazine good for introductions to the Whisky world, as well as experienced drinkers? Because if it will help me learn then I will subscribe to it.

Thanks for your responses in advance. :thumbsup:

Cask Connoisseur

Re: Books to read

Postby Cask Connoisseur » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:00 am

Ahh ok, thanks for the advice.

Should I read anything from the likes of David Broom, Michael Jackson and Charles MacLean?

lincoln imp
Silver Member

Postby lincoln imp » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:28 pm

[quote="Cask Connoisseur"]Ahh ok, thanks for the advice.

Should I read anything from the likes of David Broom, Michael Jackson and Charles MacLean?[/quote}

Michael Jackson is always worth a read. In my opinion he was honest with his scores and did not overhype whisky.
His Malt Whisky Yearbooks are definately worth a read.

dungtroy

Postby dungtroy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:09 pm

With Whisky, just try to drink & feel. I'll try to read the book & explore then

evelynguerrero

Postby evelynguerrero » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:01 am

I am also new in this forum.Always we cannot get the high quality ideas and information from different resources.I read many books and article with the help of different websites and resources like custom essay writing service,internet.If we get magazine and it contain different and helpful information and now i am concentrating on my writing work.If anybodies have new information please share with me.

MelvinD

Postby MelvinD » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:07 am

Hi all I am new here too and right now I am reading the book "The World Atlas of Whisky" by Dave Broom. It is really the best book to read on whisky. :D

Return to “Whisky Books”