The Scotch Whisky Book by Tom Bruce-Gardyne

Are you looking for a rare book or would you like to review what you are reading?
Lawrence
Matured cask

The Scotch Whisky Book by Tom Bruce-Gardyne

Postby Lawrence » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:58 pm

Has anybody read "The Scotch Whisky Book by Tom Bruce-Gardyne"? I recently purchased it for GBP10 and it is an excellent book with lots of excellent photos to go along with a very informative text. The funny thing is that it was published in 2002 and I completely missed it because the cover is almost identical to a couple of other whisky books that I have in my collection. It is available from Amazon UK.

Deactivated Member

AM READING IT NOW

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:32 pm

What a co-incidence. I'm half way through it now.

In truth, a colourful book with some great photography and distillery history. A bit more about the malts themselves would have been nice, although I quite like the 'mini guide' at the back.

Deactivated Member

Re: The Scotch Whisky Book by Tom Bruce-Gardyne

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:38 pm

I picked this up late last year from a charity shop for 50p. An absolute bargain! I think it will take me some time to fully read it.

I think I saw another copy in the window of another charity shop so I would suggest keeping an eye out for it as there are obviously quite a few that could be picked up for next to nothing lying around.

corbuso
Gold Member

Postby corbuso » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:13 pm

butephoto wrote:I picked this up late last year from a charity shop for 50p. An absolute bargain! I think it will take me some time to fully read it.

I think I saw another copy in the window of another charity shop so I would suggest keeping an eye out for it as there are obviously quite a few that could be picked up for next to nothing lying around.

I bought mine 3-4 Years ago in Oban and enjoyed this book very much. It is very informative, well made and worth a read. The last book of M. Jackson is better (or at least more general) and with superb illustrations, but the price tag is considerably higher.

Klas
Silver Member

Postby Klas » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:59 pm

I bought a copy in Scotland 2003. I think I paid around 10 GBP for it. I especially like the images of old whisky adverts in the beginning of the book.

Return to “Whisky Books”