Wedding Gift - Can it be done?

All your whisky related questions answered here.
stustustu

Wedding Gift - Can it be done?

Postby stustustu » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:53 am

Hi,

My brother is a big lover of Whisky, and every Christmas I get him a different small batch single malt from my local bottle shop, as he's a drinker not an investment collector. He's getting married next year almost exactly 3 years after he met his wife to be (you can see where I'm going with this), and I was wondering if there was any way to get him a bottle which was put into the cask on the day they met (bonus points if it is bottled on the day of the wedding), so that the whisky inside was a record of their relationship so far. Is this something a distillery would be able to assist with, and if so which are the more likely to help with such a ridiculous request?

Thanks in advance!

Stu :thumbsup:

corbuso
Gold Member

Re: Wedding Gift - Can it be done?

Postby corbuso » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:53 pm

As they will have met 3 years next years, you cannot do to that, as to be called whisky, the whisky must be definition 3 years old. Thus, I could only be bottled as a whisky on their wedding day...

stustustu

Re: Wedding Gift - Can it be done?

Postby stustustu » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Yes I know, hence why I'm trying to find friendly, probably small, distilleries which would be able to help me arrange for a case of whisky distilled and casked on the day they met and bottled on or around their wedding day. Any ideas?

Return to “Questions & Answers”