New to collecting, tips/advice for a newbie?

All your whisky related questions answered here.
caroseuk

New to collecting, tips/advice for a newbie?

Postby caroseuk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Good Afternoon,

Just signed up to the forum as I have a small collection (4 bottles) of Whisky that I have started to build over the last 6 months.

Im really keen on building an investment collection of Whisky (Im not planning on consuming it all). I wondered if there were any tips or recommendations for a newbie and at the moment on any particular bottling(s) that I should focus my attention on?

Apologies for the newbie question, but thought I would ask. :D

Thanks,
Chris

corbuso
Gold Member

Re: New to collecting, tips/advice for a newbie?

Postby corbuso » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:11 pm

I wrote an article some time back http://whisky-news.com/En/reports/Whisk ... ctors.html
but I would not recommend investing in whisky if you are not interesting in whisky. Best is to buy the whiskies you like...

whiskgeek
Silver Member

Postby whiskgeek » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:08 am

Buy whisky you like, since you may end up drinking it because that's better than losing money on it.

lincoln imp
Silver Member

Postby lincoln imp » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:05 pm

I agree with whiskygeek about buying stuff you like, just ignore any links to so called experts who tell you what to invest in, they are the reason why mere mortals cannot afford anything anymore.
Investors in whisky have killed the market in the last 3-4 years, you are wasting your time trying to collect to sell on, all the investment boys and girls have made sure of that and stockpiled everything and made sure the prices asked now are much higher than what the whisky inside is worth.
Drink to enjoy, not look at on a shelf, crack open the odd bottle, it is good for the whisky soul.

Return to “Questions & Answers”