Urgent! Question about Whiskey Consumption in Marine Corps

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Solede Kouelis

Urgent! Question about Whiskey Consumption in Marine Corps

Postby Solede Kouelis » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:33 am

I joined Marine Corps after 9/11 incident and I was 18 at the time. I was underage and working as Second Lieutenant in Marine Corps. And I have beer often, during my Iraq posting. But as it was allowed, even, if you are under-age. You can drink it but you have to be careful not to get caught. (this is the statement by our Station Chief). I was getting the liquor from other fellow-man, who were bringing 30-pack inside.

I am 33 now and tasted Whiskies drinks like Sazerac, Mint Julep, Amber Moon and Farnell in Scotland. I liked the taste, which perfectly hits the mind. One of my friend, who was stationed in Japan brings Suntory Yamazaki with him. I became a fan of Whiskey. During 2 month vacations in the US. I was drinking whiskey on a daily basis. In 2007, I was promoted to Captain rank and posted to Afghanistan base. I don't know about drinking Whiskey in the military, as it is tough to live without it. Also, I know Whiskey is a hard drink and strongly prohibited in most of the armies of almost all the countries. But, I have rumors from the internet saying that you can have it with some unidentified conditions. I am thinking about faking a pain or mental stress to drink it. But doing so will affect my performance in the eyes of supervisors (I am a Major and Lieutenant Colonel promotion is due). Also, I read that if you are stationed in a specific country, you can drink little amount. As I am in http://militarybases.co/directory/fob-d ... ghanistan/ and situation is hard here. There is a huge probability of permission of Whiskey (or Vodka).

Summarizing the whole situation, I want Whiskey without any hustle. Need advice from experienced members of this forum.

Return to “Questions & Answers”