Private Preserve?

All your whisky related questions answered here.
timelinex

Private Preserve?

Postby timelinex » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:40 pm

Have any of you guys used this? It seems to be a mix of Nitrogen and Argon and most people rave about it preserving their liquors.

The main purpose I would use it is to try and stay off oxidation on my more expensive Scotch's like my Macallan 21 thats already half empty. (Yes I know I can decant it, but part of the "fun" is having it in the bottle!). It seems like the products main detractors complaion about price, but for expensive scotchs this is definitely not an issue...

My main concern is whether this gas will somehow taint the taste of the whisky in the long term.

Anyone have any long term experience with this stuff?

whiskgeek
Silver Member

Re: Private Preserve?

Postby whiskgeek » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:36 am

I haven't tried it, but I've heard from a few experts who have, and they recommend it.

WhiskyEnthusiast

Re: Private Preserve?

Postby WhiskyEnthusiast » Thu May 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Dito. But how long do you take to finish the bottle or for how long do you plan on storing it? I think it partly depends on this. I mean, I don't finish my fancier whisky in a day or a weekend but nor do I take half a year or longer. They are made to be enjoyed and consumed. When it's finished, well, it's finished. So if you don't plan on "storing" it for longer than 4 months after opening then I don't necessarily see the point in preserving it. It should do just fine.

Return to “Questions & Answers”