Noblesse Decanter

All your whisky related questions answered here.
sove1989

Noblesse Decanter

Postby sove1989 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:26 am

Hi

Just bought my first decanter and just wanted to know some more info about lead-free and lead based crystal decanters.

I've purchased the Noblesse decanter set by Nachtmann with the intention of storing my favourite scotch for an extended period of time. Is this a lead free crystal? It doesn't appear to say on the box...

Thanks

kuko

Re: Noblesse Decanter

Postby kuko » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:14 pm

That's no longer true, there's plenty of whiskey decanters that seal properly with a great stopper that ensures no air gets in contact with the whiskey. Yes, the price may be a bit higher but it's well invested money considering the declicuos whiskey inside :D

WhiskyEnthusiast

Re: Noblesse Decanter

Postby WhiskyEnthusiast » Thu May 25, 2017 5:06 pm

I know it has been a while. But rather late than never?
So I just googled the noblesse decanter quickly and found two posts stating that it is indeed lead-free. One on amazon, another on some sales page. I can't guarantee that this is the case. When you are still in doubt about this you should contact the manufacturer. But it seems that it is lead-free. The thing with lead crystal decanters is that the alcohol will leach the lead out of the crystal glass into the alcohol. Meaning that you will consume "lead infected" alcohol. And that's not so very healthy. The longer the alcohol was exposed to the lead crystal the higher will be the level of lead in it. Meaning: You shouldn't store whisky or any alcohol for a looong term period in a lead crystal decanter. I mentioned this page here before but since I find quite some helpful information there I'll mention it again. There is a lot of stuff about whisky decanters explained, also regarding lead in general. Here is the link for some info about crystal whiskey decanter

Hope that is of some help to you, still?

PS
I hope that link thing there with the text worked? What a muddle. :dead:

Return to “Questions & Answers”