Unwanted Ardbeg

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Whisky

Unwanted Ardbeg

Postby Whisky » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Hi,
I have three bottles of Ardbeg (Two Beist and one Renaissance) that I was given as gifts but which I am not terribly keen on (having tried both previously). What's the best way to get rid of them? I don't know anyone who likes Islays (that I could gift them to) so was thinking of selling them. Is eBay an idea? Is the Collector's Corner here intended for such things?
Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

JUERG GLUTZ-KURMANN

Re: Unwanted Ardbeg

Postby JUERG GLUTZ-KURMANN » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:30 pm

You want to sell? Why? SEND THEM TO ME!! I believe you are happy to get rid of those unbeloved bottles and I would take care of them;-)

I am sure you needn't search too long for an ARDBEG lover.

Slàinte,
Juerg

normal5

Postby normal5 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:33 pm

Would you be interested in a trade? If so What would be the Scotch you are looking for If the Islay isn't your flavor?

bankerjoe

Postby bankerjoe » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:29 am

I too would like to express interest in either one of those bottles (depending on where you are, Whisky)

Whisky

Postby Whisky » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:51 pm

On the contrary, I love Islays, especially Ardbeg. But I was fairly indifferent about these two, and I can't quite bring myself to drink them just for the sake of it. (I wouldn't exactly be choking them down, but you know what I mean . . .)
I live just outside Inverness. I wouldn't be charging more than a fiver for the postage.

Whisky

Postby Whisky » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:49 am

If any UK residents are interested in the above whiskies, then please send me a PM. Also, if this post is in any way inappropriate, then please, mods, feel free to delete it.
The cheapest price I can find online is £132.50 +P&P. So, I'd probably be looking for £120 with fast, insured shipping included in the price.

Return to “Questions & Answers”