Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
but I don't know how to:
1) store the whisky. collect the bottle or whisky with the original bottle?
2) buy the whisky. I am in china now. SMW is in scotch. how to in china?
3) collect with what standard? age? region?
any advice are welcome and many thanks
Nice to know that China has also whisky-lovers! I visit Beijing and Shanghai a few times a year and usually try take with me a few good whiskies to enjoy with a friend who lives in Beijing - last time I brought with me a few select Caol Ila bottles to sample and compare.
To answer you briefly based on just my opinion,
1) Collect full bottles and keep the collection ones unopened (but do try and get a least one more of the same allways for tasting).
2) This can be difficult, as even most airport duty frees I have seen in China and elsewhere in the region are full of rather uninteresting blended whiskies. It may be difficult to get what you like there. I do not know of specialist companies operating there importing good single malts. A business idea?
3) Briefly, keep to single malt whiskies. Which ones, well - this is up to you, the availability etc. My collection for example has a lot of Islay malts, as well as some lowland whisky (mainly my favorite, dear Rosebank). Many collect Macallan whisky. Some collect a particular series of bottlings (such as the Flora & Fauna series, or the Rare Malts).
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests