Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
The reason I am here is for my father. I am to be married next year and my father is paying for my reception. As a thank you I am looking to get him a single malt possibly a 1977 (year I was born).
This is where I need your help. I know nothing about a good single malt or any other whisky for that matter and I really would not know where to begin looking. I know that my father used to drink Glenlivet and Glenmorangie but beyond that I am lost.
If you could help me in any way I would be eternally grateful.
This could be a good tread because my sister and her fiance are getting married this year and both were born in 77. I was planning on getting a 77 for the reception but wasn't sure what to go with. I have a bottle of 77 ardbeg and 77 rare malts brora but am hesitant to open them at a reception where very few people will trully enjoy them. I will have to do some research but I'm sure there is are alot of good 77's speysides (more appealing to a new or novice drinker) out there that will appeal to the bigger audience. I will let you know what I find.
Any advice from others would be great in my search as well.
As for whiskies from 1977:
* The Whisky Exchange has a t least 20 different bottling, with prices ranging from £45 (Banff, OMC). (Press search / Enter vintage)
* Loch Fyne Whiskies also have some, with a Rare Malts Bladnoch 1977 as the cheapest I could find in a hurry for £63.90
* Royal Mile Whiskies also has one or two. With prices starting at £42.50 (Signatory Ardmore)
Leaving Britain we have:
* P.Ullrich in Basel (Switzerland) - I found eight 1977 single malts (prices from CHF 178).
* At Weinquelle in Germany I found just three, with prices from €67.50
* In the US The Whisky Shop USA has at least seven different bottling, raning from US$135
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests