Black and White whisky 1930's

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
redwon

Black and White whisky 1930's

Postby redwon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:25 pm

I have been left a bottle of black and White Special blend whisky. I am trying to date it , I think it is from the 1930's. Around the neck it has a label ,by appointment to H. M the King and H.R.H the Prince of Wales. It is unopened and has a spring cap. any help on the date or if it is worth anything would be appreciated

Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:35 pm

If you follow this link:

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/acatalog/The_Whisky_Exchange__BLENDED_SCOTCH_WHISKY_138.html

Then scroll down to the B&W "Bottled 1930's" and click on the "i" for a picture.
Is this the one?
If so, then bottled 1930's is about as accurate as you will get.

This is being sold for 99 GBP which I think is a little too high as if you try to sell yours, I doubt whether you will get quite this amount. But good luck if you decide to try.

WH

redwon

Postby redwon » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:06 pm

Thanks for the info . I had a look at what you said , mine is a large 70cc bottle which looks the same as the one on sale from the 60's on that site, exept for the appointment label on the neck

irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:33 pm

The labeling of H M the King proves it is pre 1952. I wonder does the 'H.R.H the Prince of Wales' have any significance?

margofandango

Re: Black and White whisky 1930's

Postby margofandango » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi,
I have found a bottle the same as yours in an old house I have just purchased, Black and White by appointment to King George and the Prince of Wales. Prince Edward became P of W, in 1911 and became uncrowned King in 1937. So the bottles must date from this period. My bottle still has the suppliers tissue wrapped around it and the box, I don't really like to take the tissue off and just gleaned what I could through it.
I would like to sell it but I haven't got a clue where??

Return to “Collector's Corner”