Usher's Special Reserve Old Vatted Glenlivet

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
Shep1710

Usher's Special Reserve Old Vatted Glenlivet

Postby Shep1710 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Can anyone help us identify this bottle of Usher's Special Reserve Old Vatted Glenlivet? Is it old or just made to look that way. We cannot match the label with any images on the internet. Any help or suggestions would be welcome.
usher_02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

unblended

Re: Usher's Special Reserve Old Vatted Glenlivet

Postby unblended » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:14 pm

im sure I seen similar bottles sold at auctions mctears bonhams christies try contacting them it was a while back

richard

wchurst

Re: Usher's Special Reserve Old Vatted Glenlivet

Postby wchurst » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:05 am

Shep1710,

I can help you with answers on this one - I have a fairly large collection of whiskies myself (including several Usher's Special Reserve bottles), and have spent several thousands of hours researching bottles of my own & for others!

This Usher's label has been in continuous use (with little change) since the early 1900's, hence it still has the look/feel of a very old label style.

Your particular bottle does have a few small details that can help us to date it for you though...
1) Starting with the cap, this is called a "spring-cap" and was in use on Usher's bottles between 1929-1957.
2) On the upper portion of the main label, you can see the mention of a Royal Warrant ("To Her Majesty the Queen"): We know from historical archives that Queen Elizabeth II issued her Royal Warrants in Aug, 1955.
***The brand was later discontinued in 1983.

This leaves us with a fairly close dating period of between late 1955 & the end of 1957 as a dating period for you bottle...So this is currently about 60 years old now!

Cheers,
Walter C Hurst
wchurst@hotmail.com

Return to “Collector's Corner”