Bladnoch in the pine box

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
Purple Mandy

Bladnoch in the pine box

Postby Purple Mandy » Fri Jan 04, 2002 6:36 am

I have a bottle of 10 year old Bladnoch in the presentation pine box that you could buy from the United Distilleries' shops at the time - approx. 7 years ago, I think. Can anyone tell me does it have a value; or, should I simply drink this delicious whisky for a special occasion?

Also, has the distillery changed hands again after firstly a private Irish buyer followed by Guiness?

Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Jan 04, 2002 4:31 pm

Hi Mandy,

About the value, it's hard to say perhaps if you have some more details we might getting somewhere, but of course it's a delicious malt to drink....

It changed hands again, the Bladnoch Distillery, after Guiness UD&V, again an Irishman took over. You can see for your self at www.bladnoch.co.uk and meet the guy..

Slainte,

Erik

Deactivated Member

A good find

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Mar 15, 2002 11:36 pm

As a newcomer to whisky I recently purchased the Macallan ESC II .Upon receiving said bottle I was intrigued to see if I could find the first bottling. Some emails later I found most people wanted £240 .Anyway, on my trip to WhiskyLIve I visited Milroys where I bought his last bottle for a mere £115 .Does anyone else have stories of lucky finds?
cheers all

Return to “Collector's Corner”