Info on Old Ezra 15yr old

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
grunyun

Info on Old Ezra 15yr old

Postby grunyun » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:25 am

Greetings:

In the 70's my uncle's friend was going through a nasty divorce and needed a place to stay. My grandfather agreed to let him live at his place for a couple months to get on his feet. My uncle's friend was saving money as expected and offered my grandfather a bottle of Old Ezra 15 yr old Bourbon as payment. My grandpa happily accepted and put it on his display.

My uncle died,my grandfather died,My father recently passed away and I inherited the unopened bottle still in the wooden box with the little tag that goes with it. The bottle is from around 1976 I think my dad said. I have been searcing everywhere for information on the particular piece. I guess it was in a limited quantity,supposed to be at the time a top notch American drink and the distiller sold the company to another,but that's about all I know.I have never seen anyone selling or mentioning an unopened bottle of it,only empty bottles or the boxes for sale etc. I'd just like to know if it's a good piece and anything about it. I took a couple of pics of it. Thanks for any responses :D

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab277/grunyun/me438.jpg

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab277/grunyun/me440.jpg

grunyun

Re: Info on Old Ezra 15yr old

Postby grunyun » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:23 pm

Yikes I'd have thought someone would know something.Hrmmm ok, would anybody know of another whisky forum site, or collectors that might know some info?

Holysinner
Silver Member

Postby Holysinner » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:29 am

Maybe try StraightBourbon.com or BourbonEnthusiast.com. There are a number of older threads on the StraightBourbon forum mentioning Old Ezra 15, so there will likely be people there familiar with it.

grunyun

Postby grunyun » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:41 pm

Thanks for the info.

I actually tried those two places first before here. They will not accept registration from free e-mail accounts yahoo,aol, hotmail,gmail,etc. I only have hotmail and gmail. I have no idea what they consider a valid e-mail address if they will not accept hotmail or gmail.It is all I have had and all I know. *shrug

This is the only whisky forum site I have found that will register using hotmail,gmail,etc. I am sure someone knows something about it. I am just playing detective trying to find the person or forum. Finding info on the bottle is going to lead me to drink it to calm my nerves ! lol

Return to “Collector's Corner”