Glengoyne 15 Year Old in Kiln Decanter

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
sheffmax

Glengoyne 15 Year Old in Kiln Decanter

Postby sheffmax » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:56 pm

I have the above 15 Year old Glengoyne complete with decanter but with slight floaty bits. I have been assured by the distillery that it doesn't affect the flavour.

How do I go about finding a buyer for this? The attached shows a listing (number 65) at Bonhams valuing it at around £250-£300.

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR&screen=WholeCataloguePrint&iSaleNo=17981

The Dazzler
Bronze Member

Re: Glengoyne 15 Year Old in Kiln Decanter

Postby The Dazzler » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi Sheffmax,

unfortunately this bottle only reached £72 at Bonhams so you are unlikely to find a buyer for it at £250+. There were three available in the last auction and this can often bring the price down but I did think that a valuation of £250 was a bit steep to start with. my advice would be to hold onto it for the time being and see if they begin to fetch a higher price in future.

Slainte

sheffmax

Re: Glengoyne 15 Year Old in Kiln Decanter

Postby sheffmax » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:09 am

H TD, thanks for the response. Once I've held it for a while how would I go about finding a buyer? Using Bonhams or an equivalent auctioneers I'm guessing would reduce that £72 closer to the price I actually paid.

Return to “Collector's Corner”