Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old

Postby Adwano » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:38 pm

Hey guys,

New to this forum, so thought I'd start by posting a recent tasting review that I wrote for Loch Fyne Whiskies.

Anyone tasted the Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old? Its a a very light and smooth whisky that reminded me very much of summer.

Have a read and let me know your thoughts:

Re: Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old

Postby dram_mowatt » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:38 am

Just bought my first bottle of this. I first tried it at Aviemore highland resort - £12£ a dram. She asked if I needed a double, I asked if she was trying to send the wife into cardiac arrest :)

Tis is a cracking tasting dram, no nasty after taste, quite fruity actually. No peat, no nasty lingering. Just a smooth, whisky that tastes good. A more-ish dram, which is never bad.

Anyway - if you go to Tesco you will get a bottle for £35. Which is never bad - even if you don't like.!! If you don't live in the UK, my advice is go get the bottle and if you don't like - drink 3 - 8 beers first then I guarantee you will like :)

Postby JuanVerde » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:14 pm

I'm with Ganga on this one. I don't mind the Dalwhinnie, I just always seem to get distracted somewhere en route to purchasing it.

The Third Dram
Triple Gold Member

Postby The Third Dram » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Been quite a while for me too as concerns Dalwhinnie... Always recall it going down easily, though.

Postby MacLaomainn » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Newbie here! Dalwhinnie is a fine dram. Underrated and great value for a 15.

The 20 (which I think is now discontinued) was beautiful. Still looking for a bottle...

Postby Sakekun » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:41 am

Hello I'm new here, and very happy to see your post

http://www.shiningprom.com/formal-evening-dresses Formal Evening Dress

Return to “Whisky Tastings”