Macallan 12yo (1990s)

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
peergynt323
Gold Member

Macallan 12yo (1990s)

Postby peergynt323 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:11 am

Recently moved to a new area, and over the past few days have been checking out the local liquor stores. Very few post their stock online, so I have been hitting as many as I can, looking primarily for lingering bottles of Laphroaig 15yo or the 10yo C/S 55.7% or 57.3% maybe.

Instead, I happened upon a bottle I did not expect: a 1990s Macallan 12yo. I thought perhaps of selling it for a profit, but then realized that sounds like someone other than me -- especially remembering how impressive this was when I had it at MikeyMad's place several years ago with Ganga.

The cork crumbled to pieces, but I managed to get it all out and replace it with a rubber stopper.

Color: Dark oaky hue
Nose: Praline ice cream, Werther's Original, bourbon-soaked basement walls, Almond Roca, ocean waves, expensive French perfume, elm tree bark and leaves
Palate: Very perfumed, sweet and fruity
Finish: Gentle with a furniture polish accent that grows to a climax and dissipates in waves; nearly a minute long

Exceptional whisky that makes me wish I had more. Not the greatest Macallan, but a rare gem that hits all the sweet spots. :thumbsup:

peergynt323
Gold Member

Re: Macallan 12yo (1990s)

Postby peergynt323 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:07 pm

Thanks Ganga! I will definitely give you a call when I am up in the LA area. Cheers!

Return to “Whisky Tastings”