Bunnahabhain 34yo

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
sideshow

Bunnahabhain 34yo

Postby sideshow » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi. We were looking at getting our parents some 18yo Bunnahabhain for their anniversary (as they both like it), but then we saw this:

Old and Rare Platinum Bottling 34 year old

- it's their 34 year anniversary, so it seemed very fitting. However we don't know much about how the 34yo tastes: how does it compare to the 18yo? Our tastes are that the 12yo is good, and the 18 is better (seems smoother/maybe lighter). Is the 34 comparable, or completely different?

Any help would be appreciated.

Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Re: Bunnahabhain 34yo

Postby Spirit of Islay » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi Sideshow ,
Haven't had this one but i have had the O.b. 34yo (a 1968 from a sherry cask ) , i can say i'd be very surprised if this one wasn't very good as aged Bunna are usually stunning . It probably is very sherried but usually they are beautiful !
BTW have a look at http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-9256.aspx , you'll save a few quid.......

irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:47 pm

I've not had this either ...

All I can add to this that DL Old and Rare Platinum Bottlings are usually of a very high standard so rest assured that it should be a good investment in your inheritance :wink:

Wave
Double Gold Member

Postby Wave » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:47 am

I also haven't tasted this (yet) either but I wholeheartedly agree with SOI, Old Bunna's are wonderful!

Cheers!

Klondike

Postby Klondike » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:48 am

Apparently Bunnahabhain was on a roll in the 1970ies. I only tried one myself but it was magical! I heard of others trying different bottlings that were outstanding too. Sounds like a very good bet to me!

Return to “Whisky Tastings”