Can anyone tell me how Caol Isla and Bowmore (I haven't tried) compare to Ardbeg and Talisker. I would rank my tasting as follows.
1) Ardbeg 10 /Talikser 10 (I really can't choose, it depends on my mood)
2) Lagavulin 16 (I probably didn't have enough to do it justice)
10) Highland Park 12
20) Laphroieg Quater Cask (Thought this was ok)
50) Belvenie Double Wood (Didn't enjoy this)
- Silver Member
- Posts: 403
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:43 am
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Personally I think that it might be the best of the official bottlings out from Caol Ila right now.
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 119
- Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:35 pm
- Location: Woking, England
The Caol Ila was beautiful as expected, trust me you would do well with the standard 12 bottle. However, the Beast, which we both thought was stunning last week and again last night far outweighed the Uigedael in our opinion, despite Jim Murray`s bible score, and if I was not looking at an Ardbeg bottle I could have sworn the Uigy was from Caol Ila.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest