Trader Joe's Bottlings - Tasting Notes and Commentary

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Single Malt Kommunist
Bronze Member

Re: Trader Joe's Bottlings - Tasting Notes and Commentary

Postby Single Malt Kommunist » Wed May 27, 2009 12:08 am

Thanks for that Ganga....I will pick up a few of the Imperials when visiting in the coming weeks.

BTW, you surely know that Trader Joes is a subsidiary of Aldi - the German/European discounter that is commonly found in lower income neighborhoods in the US.

I just picked up some pecans marked "Trader Joes" in a nearby Aldi in Berlin....damn if we could only get the whisky for a change.

:headbang:

just-one-more

Postby just-one-more » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:43 pm

hi Ganga,
Nice write up! We shop at TJs (Trader Joes) a lot. They have their own private label TJs scotch. I tried it once and was less than impressed. But I continue to pick up name brand bottles there at times. I think their scotch is like their wines. Some home runs, some base hits, and some "outs". Steve show displays

kenmont

Postby kenmont » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:16 am

I'd have to agree that TJ's Imperial bottling is quite good for the price. My Central California location has a hard time keeping the Imperial version in stock. The Imperial displays some oakiness to it as well as some vanilla, heather, and chocolate undertones. All and all, it is a very pleasant, not overly assertive, and really fares well without water being added.

kenmont

Postby kenmont » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:45 am

Thumbs up, Ganga, on your assessment of the TJ's Imperial bottling. I find the vanilla and chocolate nuances quite delightful in what is becoming a bit of a challenge to find in my local Trader Joe's.

Return to “Whisky Tastings”