Anyone Tried Arran 12yo?

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Deactivated Member

Anyone Tried Arran 12yo?

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:20 pm

If so, whatcha fink?

laddie teun
Bronze Member

Re: Anyone Tried Arran 12yo?

Postby laddie teun » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:02 pm

tried it last month
quite liked it, but nothing spectacular. But Arran is maturing well

MoreDalmore
Bronze Member

Postby MoreDalmore » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:13 pm

I tried it a few months ago and quite liked it!!

I tried the 10 so many months ago that I don't really recal it that well. In fact I bought it because I liked the packaging back then and it was not that expensive !!

I know; a strange way to pick whiskies to try but as I like honey a lot it let me to start with Dalwhinnie 15 y and Highland Park 12 y !! 8) Not a bad place to start at all I learned later !! 8)

As I am still a novice malt drinker I still feel it hard to reckognize the tastes described in tasting notes let alone write some myself.

But I feel its quite a pleasant drinkable whisky for the summer months with its citrus fruits taste and finish!!

I will surely try some more Arran malts in the future including some special finishes.

The Third Dram
Triple Gold Member

Postby The Third Dram » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:28 pm

MoreDalmore wrote:I will surely try some more Arran malts in the future including some special finishes.

Best one I've had to this point in time was a cask strength release matured in ex-Bourbon wood... Seemed to suit the characteristics of the distillate to a tee.

Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Lawrence » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:13 am

I've had the Arran 12 and must say it was very good, it took me aback a little that it was so different from the 10. However after a while the sherry showed to be quite excellent. It's a great dram

Return to “Whisky Tastings”