Remembral

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Wave
Double Gold Member

Re: Remembral

Postby Wave » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:48 am

Ganga wrote:I will be sampling the Benriach 10 yo (old light blue label version) and the Benriach 15, dk rum finish. Anyone else have something interesting?

I've got a 12yo 1994 Peated Oloroso Sherry Wood Finish 57% ABV. though notes from it won't make it into the forum till the following week since I'm working Midnights this weekend. :(

Cheers!

Jobi
Gold Member

Postby Jobi » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:09 pm

I've noticed the Benriach advertisement at the top of the page, promoting the upcoming tasting. Do you think WM is making a little advertising $$ from these tastings?

Wave
Double Gold Member

Postby Wave » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:25 am

I'll be in Kirkwall Orkney next weekend but I'm still planning on the tasting so long as I can find a pub with a bottle of Glen Grant or two. :wink:

Cheers!

randall fairbrook
Gold Member

Postby randall fairbrook » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:46 am

i have some Image

if u want samples

Holysinner
Silver Member

Postby Holysinner » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:01 am

I'll second Talisker, just because I have 4 bottles that I can evaluate (whereas for most distilleries it's one or none). My second choice would be Laphroaig.

Let me throw out an idea for the "other tastings" category sometime...bourbons from non-distillery bottlers (or whatever the terminology for independent bottlers of bourbon is). I know some were sampled in the last bourbon tasting, but it might be a good reason for some to venture away from their familiar distilleries by restricting a tasting to 3rd party bottlers. Just a thought.

jhershauer
Silver Member

Postby jhershauer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Ganga wrote:Works for me HS. We'll have to look into this to get information out to the folks so they can get a sample or two though.

Talisker
Ardbeg
Laphroaig
Lagavulin

Hm, do I sense a trend? :thumbsup:

Yes, a fine trend indeed. I've got multiple bottlings of all of those except Ardbeg, so I'd prefer one of the other three (no purchase necessary). :-)

Thanks,
Jeff

Ryguy
Triple Gold Member

Postby Ryguy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:26 pm

I was going to suggest Laphroaig, but it's already been done. So I'm happy with the suggestions we've got going. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jhershauer
Silver Member

Postby jhershauer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:09 pm

Ganga wrote:No other distilleries that would interest you Jeff? You can always suggest another one as I will post a poll in a few weeks for the February tasting.

I was going to say Caol Ila, as I have a bunch of those, including IBs...was thinking CI was already done not too long ago, though.

Ryguy
Triple Gold Member

Postby Ryguy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:37 pm

Good idea Jeff, I'd like to add Caol Ila to the list of suggestions. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You can view a list of past tastings along with the dates they were held here: Past Live Tastings

Ryguy
Triple Gold Member

Postby Ryguy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:33 pm

I think you are right Willie. A 'Peatfest' would be great, and maybe it would allow more people to participate, given the broader range. I think the intent on having tastings for an entire weekend was to get more people involved, but I'm not so sure that it worked out as planned.

So I'm up for all available peated drams for Feb if everyone else is. :smoke:

Ryguy
Triple Gold Member

Postby Ryguy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:54 pm

Good idea, let it be part of the vote, IslayTime as you said. That is the fair way to do it, put it to vote and go from there. Also lets include voting on the date as well.

Ryguy
Triple Gold Member

Postby Ryguy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:18 pm

So the question is, do we include Islay whiskies only, or all Peated drams in the poll? What do you all think? :D :D

Ryguy
Triple Gold Member

Postby Ryguy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:35 pm

I don't have any Rosebank or Littlemill around, but I do have a bottle of St. Magdalene 26yo from the SMWS, Cask 49.10 that is open. :D

Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby Spirit of Islay » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:12 pm

Looking forrd to the Longmorn Tasting this weekend Rich , needless to say a few lined up . If the SMWS had been a bit quicker with their Santa offer (£20 off a bottle of £100 or more) i would have had a 38yo to open this weekend , instead i will have to wait till next week.....

Ryguy
Triple Gold Member

Postby Ryguy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Just a reminder to everyone about the Old Pulteney Live Tasting this weekend, Jan 15-17. I have one sample to taste and do notes on, which I'll do either Fri or Sat evening. :smoke:

Return to “Whisky Tastings”