Type of glass?

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

What type of glass do you regularly use?

Small whisky glass with marks for precise dilution
Brandy snifter or other large tulip-shaped recepticle
Straight cut tumbler
shot glass
Anything will do! Just fill it up!
Straight from the bottle baby!
Total votes: 129

Re: Type of glass?

Postby DrStrange » Thu May 08, 2008 7:24 am

I use a glass that was designed at my, formerly local (i moved :x ) liquor store. Great swirling, narrow opening for the nose, but you don't have to purse your lips like some of the other scotch glasses on the market. And it fits in the hand like it was meant to be there 8)

here's the link so you can see it :shock:

Double Gold Member

Postby lohssanami » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:28 am

butephoto wrote:I got an Ardbeg Uigeadail last night served in one of these Macallan glasses:

I really liked them, good space to fit my (Roman) nose in and have a good sniff around.

Ok...I just got a couple of these, and I like the heavy feel and they still give a great nose.

I bought an older CS Macallan, and the guy had a pair of these he kept from a gift pack. He threw in the glasses...woohoo.

Postby kresj » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:41 am

where can I buy these copita's?

I do own a glencairn crystal copita, but these seem to have a nicer shape.

Postby Rodstar » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi from Down Under!

I have only just started on the journey of whisky appreciation. I thought I was doing the right thing by drinking from a traditional "Whisky tumbler" until I read that these were designed to disguise how low grade a whisky is by dissipating the nose.

So, I have just ordered some Glencairn glasses, and in the interim I am using a tulip shaped wine glass.

I am very puzzled about why many of the whisky manufacturers insist on supplying glasses with their offerings which retain the old whisky tumbler shape. Are they trying to warn us how bad their whisky is, or does the corporate office have no clue as to the product they are selling?

Postby turundus » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:07 pm

From the picture before, i would rather take zip of Whiskey from glass A, fits some whiskey and ice cubes and is delicioouss 8)

Postby emospence » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:36 am

I just use a tumbler. It came with my Glenmorangie Original purchase :wink:

The Third Dram
Triple Gold Member

Postby The Third Dram » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:46 pm

My glassware of preference is the Cognac glass pictured on the left. Other tasting glasses (such as the Glenmorangie sample on the right) are alright. And the Glencairn glass works as well. But I find that the longer stem and outwardly flared rim of the Cognac glass represent major positive design features.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby spsdod » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:50 am

Glencairn glass here also.
I would feel like I was missing something if I went back to a tumbler.

Return to “Whisky Poll”