Lagavulin Distillers Edition vs Laphroaig 15

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

Prefered malt?

Lagavulin PX
79%
Laphroaig 15
21%

Total votes: 14

Lugarteniente
Bronze Member

Lagavulin Distillers Edition vs Laphroaig 15

Postby Lugarteniente » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:15 am

What´s your favorite and why?

Oliver
Silver Member

Postby Oliver » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:46 am

I am not sure I know. I mean these are two pretty different birds... One is a cask finished malt while the other isn't...
In the end I would probably vote for the LAgavulin, because I think the LAphroaig 15 goes against the distillery profile, and while the Lagavulin DE does also for sure -- at least it does it in style :D

Mustardhead
Gold Member

Postby Mustardhead » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:01 am

I voted for the Lagavulin PX. Partly because I tasted it for the first time recently and I have an open bottle within reach :)

I think the Lagavulin takes the character of the standard 16yo and takes it in a new direction. The PX finish dominates for so long it is difficult to pick up the iodine of the Lagavulin through it. It definitely challenges the Lagavulin drinker and I bet a few don't like it because it is so different. I love it.

I have fond memories of drinking Laphroaig 15yo and I intend to try some again soon. It tamed the savagery of the old 10yo but still retained all the taste. It just made for a more subtle dram. I don't know how the current version compares with the current 10yo.

Return to “Whisky Poll”