What is your favorite glass to drink you drink?

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

What is your favorite glass to drink your drink?

Old fashioned glass
7%
Glencairn glass
73%
Neat glass
No votes
Single malt glass
20%
Rocks/Lowball glass
No votes

Total votes: 15

Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Re: What is your favorite glass to drink you drink?

Postby Muskrat Portage » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:38 am

Here's something to try, get a number of different glasses, pour a sample of the same whisky into each one, then try them out. Surprisingly we tried this at a tasting and the Glencairn beat out all the others, including the snifter, (sorry Ganga, my friend but it was Whisky Science!)

Musky

Hellobicycle

Postby Hellobicycle » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:25 am

I prefer 'The High Ball Glass' though i voted 'Single malt glass being' my second preference. :D :D :D

The Third Dram
Triple Gold Member

Postby The Third Dram » Mon May 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Ganga wrote:I find the glass that is preferred (by me) is variable based on the whisky.

I agree wholeheartedly.

My take on the matter...

http://cigarweekly.com/lifestyles/spirits/97-a-rich-pour-25-tumblers-tasting-glasses

Liechtenstein
Silver Member

Postby Liechtenstein » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:17 pm

Ganga wrote:Can you modify your poll? My favorite glass is not on there. I prefer a snifter.

I also use a brandy snifter.

:thumbsup:

toddstevens4

Postby toddstevens4 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:10 pm

My wife gets embarrassed when I ask for a Glencairn or at least a glass that has an inwardly turned rim relative to the greatest diameter at restaurants. I always retort that it's my money being spent, the bar should be happy to accommodate my request.

ErnestM

Postby ErnestM » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:16 pm

toddstevens4 wrote:My wife gets embarrassed when I ask for a Glencairn or at least a glass that has an inwardly turned rim relative to the greatest diameter at restaurants. I always retort that it's my money being spent, the bar should be happy to accommodate my request.

I agree that a bar should be happy to accommodate you. It is odd when those in the service profession seem to be put out by a request for service. Sure it is a preference, but it also shows me that an establishment knows at least something about whiskey.

I like to ask for a Glencairn just to see if it is worth getting. Cause I know it will ruin my night if it isn't worth the cash.

Making the request doesn't always end up being a mark of quality in a restaurant. But if someone can get me that glass, then I know there is someone I can complain to.

If they don't have the right glass, I know not even to waste my time. That is unless they have a glass that they are convinced pairs better... but I never had that reaction.

ErnestM

Postby ErnestM » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:18 pm

toddstevens4 wrote:My wife gets embarrassed when I ask for a Glencairn or at least a glass that has an inwardly turned rim relative to the greatest diameter at restaurants. I always retort that it's my money being spent, the bar should be happy to accommodate my request.

I agree that a bar should be happy to accommodate you. It is odd when those in the service profession seem to be put out by a request for service. Sure it is a preference, but it also shows me that an establishment knows at least something about whiskey.

I like to ask for a Glencairn just to see if it is worth getting. Cause I know it will ruin my night if it isn't worth the cash.

Making the request doesn't always end up being a mark of quality in a restaurant. But if someone can get me that glass, then I know there is someone I can complain to.

If they don't have the right glass, I know not even to waste my time. That is unless they have a glass that they are convinced pairs better... but I never had that reaction.

Return to “Whisky Poll”