Showdown of the cask strength Glens!

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

Which cask strength Glen?

Glenmorangie Astar
31%
The Glenlivet Nadurra
69%

Total votes: 13

jimidrammer
Gold Member

Re: Showdown of the cask strength Glens!

Postby jimidrammer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:17 pm

I have not noticed any batch variation in the Nadurra yet and I would still take it over the Astar even at the same price. They are both good but the Astar seems more like a beefed up 10yo, while the Nadurra has complexity and that fresh mint profile that sets it apart. Whichever you go for put the other on the list for later. :)

orangedogofglory
Gold Member

Postby orangedogofglory » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:35 pm

I have not had the Astar, so my input isn't particularly helpful. But, I have had a sample of the Nadurra and can say that I would not be disappointed in picking up a bottle. It was a very enjoyable dram and easy drinking for such a high ABV.

steveblack
Bronze Member

Postby steveblack » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:17 am

jimidrammer wrote:I have not noticed any batch variation in the Nadurra yet and I would still take it over the Astar even at the same price. They are both good but the Astar seems more like a beefed up 10yo, while the Nadurra has complexity and that fresh mint profile that sets it apart. Whichever you go for put the other on the list for later. :)

+1

Most of the Glenmo range seem to be similar with only the intensity separating them. At least to me. That is not to suggest it is bad, I like them. But Nadurra ahead of Astar/Lasanta/Nectar/Original for me.

Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:45 am

I dont know which Nadurra batch you have over there. I have the 0109G sat in front of me. Quite nice and even with no water added ( 53.6% ) it goes down very easy, even too easy. The Astar i've just finished was far too minty ( for some reason ). Others dont mention the mint - maybe its just me but for that reason i'd go for the Nad.

Drammed
Gold Member

Postby Drammed » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Nadurra is miles ahead of the Astar.

I am a little baised though as I have a bottle of Nadurra in my "zombie Apocalypse" cabinet :D

Return to “Whisky Poll”