I for instance, need to buy a new Laphroaig, being my first love, (as far as malts are concerned) the only one I have at the moment is a 16yo OMC which is OK but I would like the OB 10yo or the CS.
Other wants at the moment are;
Ardebg Still Young, (any new Ardbeg is a must)
Bunnahabhain 17yo OMC (tried this recently and it has the WOW factor)
Ardbeg 10 is another. There's been no Ardbeg available around here for quite a while. That's been particularly frustrating.
BenRiach 20 and Ben Nevis. There's been much talk regarding Ben Nevis lately and all those posts have made me quite interested.
Buy: Springbank 175th Anniversary, Macallan 18, Talisker 10, Clynelish 14, Laphroaig 15, Ardbeg 10. In the case of both the Macallan 18 and the Talisker, I want them because I've recently run dry. The others are fantastic malts I've tasted before and are next up on the buy list, except the Laphroaig. I'm determined to find a Laphroaig expression I like, though. All are readily available in my area.
Try: Bowmore (any), Bruichladdich (any), Bunnahabhain 12 (SP?), Scapa 12, Balvenie 12 DoubleWood. All because I haven't tried them, and don't know enough about them to know if I want an entire bottle yet. Again, all are readily available in my area.
The last list is probably the only interesting one - my wish list:
- Lagavulin DE, CS: Lagavulin 16 is still one of my favorites ever, and I just wish I could find these anywhere
- Ardbeg Still Young, Very Young: they get slammed in reviews - check the Very Young review in WM, shocking - but I still want to try them enough that I'd buy a bottle. I can't be the only one who wants to try a massive vertical Ardbeg tasting in a couple of years? Very Young - Still Young - Almost There - Ardbeg 10 - Ardbeg 17 - Ardbeg Provenance... sounds like a fun night!
- Springbank 1969 Signatory 34 yo : expensive, but if I could find a bottle for a reasonable price I'd have it, the liquor store here told me they'd sell me a bottle for $375 and then couldn't get it when I ordered it. Curse them. I remember this as the best whisky I had ever tried at the time - a few months ago. Before I tried Ardbeg Provenance, BTW.
- Springbank 12 yr Rum cask: heard such great things about this, love the distillery, can't get it
- Redbreast 15: ditto
- Port Ellen or Brora, any OB release: ditto. Just remembered these!
Young 8 yrs old Caol Ila (when it comes out)
Ardbeg 1978 OB bottling (To insert next to my 1977, 17, 10, still yng, very yng) in a vertical tasting.
And I've been looking for a pre classic malts 12 yr old "White Horse Bottling" of Lagavulin.
And here in the US I'm looking for:
GTS (Earlier releases)
Mcarthy's 3 yr old (Earlier releases) (Fabulous whisky, can't believe it is only 3 yrs old)
Ah, if only I could give this list to Santa and they would all appear under the tree at christmas. (Ha, Ha, Ha!!)
Glenmorangie "Mount Everest"
Glenmorangie "Cotes de Nuits"
Then also some of the wonderful Ardbeg Single Casks 861, 866, 868, 2780, 2781, 1146, 1143 ...... the list goes on ....
(Have been saving in my piggybank )
Talisker Malt 18yo
Port Ellen 4th Release.
Talisker 175th Anniversary
I have agonized endlessly over what to purchase and think these will be it. The Ardbeg and T18 are replacements – I know I like these a lot.
The other three fits my preferred flavour profile, I think.
On my wanted list for future purchases in the nearer future are:
Ardbeg Still Young (Curious, so curious)
Longmorn 15yo (Recently finished a bottle of this and loved it.)
Springbank 15yo. (I really like Springbank and would go for an older bottle, but they are not cheap. The 15yo is a fine dram and I would like another bottle)
On the considering list:
Ben Nevis 10yo (I blame Nick & Bernie…)
Glen Elgin 12yo (Jim Murray speaks nicely of this standard OB)
Benriach 16yo (JM and Lawrence both praise this as a superdram)
Roayl Lochnagar RM 30yo (Sounds delicious from what Musky P & others have reported here)
On the expensive wish list could be:
Ardbeg 1977 (Still somewhat reasonable priced)
Another OB Port Ellen or two
Another Old Springbank
One of the older Balvenies 25 or 30 yo
All of the above subject to change tomorrow of course.
Every time I think I know what's out there, you folks come up with new expressions. I'm still hoping to get an Ardbeg Ooogie after reading about it here in the forums. (Maybe for Christmas)
Generally my wish list is limited to extinct or mothballed distilleries. So I'd like another Glen Albyn so I could open the first one.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests