Whiskey distilleries tour plans needed

General chat and talk about whisky.
adrianlit

Whiskey distilleries tour plans needed

Postby adrianlit » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:01 pm

im looking to visit every single distillery in Scotland for a photographic project im looking at doing, every site i seem to go have different or missing distilleries, so need to know every distillery whats open and the closed one which are still standing or have reminants, so i can do a photographic archive of every distillery in Scotland the main problem is I'm from near Manchester so it would have to be in 5 plus trips so cost is a major factor im guessing it will cost £3k + which is going to be self funded with a plan to sell calendar, photos to help with some of the cost and i need to have the most efficient route planned so im not driving miles out the way and then have to drive miles back from where i was to the next distillery can anyone help me please i need to start about March when the weather gets better

rudy125

Re: Whiskey distilleries tour plans needed

Postby rudy125 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:47 pm

I found this on Google: https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/fo ... -tastings/
With £3k + you end up high on the plus, Europe is far from cheap these days.

whiskgeek
Silver Member

Re: Whiskey distilleries tour plans needed

Postby whiskgeek » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:14 am

Malt Madness is pretty complete, if not entirely up to date. They include grain distilleries. They list a few silent stills. They don't have many of the newest distilleries. You'll have to do further research to find those. Or come up with an excuse to limit yourself, like to only distilleries which have sold spirit, or something like that.

https://www.maltmadness.com/whisky/

Also, you'll have to do your own research on all the distilleries that are closed. Not all of them have remains to be seen, but many do.

Closed distilleries:
Banff
Ben Wyvis
Bladnoch
Brora
 Caperdonich
 Coleburn
 Convalmore
 Dallas Dhu
 Glen Albyn
 Glencraig
 Glenesk / Hillside
 Glen Flagler
 Glen Mhor
Glenlochy
 Glenugie
 Glenury Royal
 Imperial
 Inverleven
Kinclaith
 Ladyburn
 Littlemill
 Lochside
 Millburn
 Mosstowie
 North Port / Brechin
Parkmore
 Pittyvaich
 Port Ellen
 Rosebank
 St. Magdalene / Linlithgow

Please let us know how it turns out. I had speculated that one could see every Scottish distillery in two weeks. That wouldn't leave time for touring them, though - just a looksee. And I'm not sure about the ones on Lewis.

Return to “Whisky Chat”