Please help me!

General chat and talk about whisky.
Bradliano

Please help me!

Postby Bradliano » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:32 pm

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice.
I am not a whiskey drinker but my future father in law is and I want to be buy him a bottle of whiskey as a present for my wedding next month.
He's a very particular man and until recently has only ever drank the Macallan 12 year single malt. As that is not available any more my question is

What is the best alternative to the Macallan 12 year?

He's already tried the new line of macallans and doesn't like them(amber is it?)

If anyone can offer me some alternatives you'd be really setting me off on the right foot with the father in law which i'm sure you all agree is important!

Also we all live in Spain so nothing too hard to get hold of if possible

thanks

whiskgeek
Silver Member

Re: Please help me!

Postby whiskgeek » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:14 am

One of the new "color" Macallans should match the 12, shouldn't it?

Can you order from the US, online? I'm pretty sure the 12 is still on the market here.

I kinda hate to say it, but I don't think there's a good match for Macallan. Especially if he doesn't even like any other Macallans. Nobody does it like they do. Glendronach wants to be the new Macallan, but they're nowhere near the delicate balance.

whiskgeek
Silver Member

Re: Please help me!

Postby whiskgeek » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:37 am

I just happened to think of The Dalmore. It's very sherried, and well made. It's not everyone's cup of tea because it can be overly sweet, but it might be worth a try.

Return to “Whisky Chat”