Question about newcomer

General chat and talk about whisky.
Hemingway

Question about newcomer

Postby Hemingway » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:46 am

Hi gentlemen.I am new here.Needed your experienced opinions about Johnnie Walker Gold Label.I am looking for a really easy drinking whisky that is sweet and without too much peat, also not too pricey.Some people recommended me this and Makers Mark.Would you recommend it to me and do you have any other suggestions?Thanx in advance.

Hemingway

Re: Question about newcomer

Postby Hemingway » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Thanx for your time.So you would say that Gold Label is a good whisky for begginers and in comparison with Glenmorangie 10 which do you think is sweeter?

Hemingway

Postby Hemingway » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:47 pm

Ganga wrote:Makers will not have the peat. JW Gold is less peaty than it used to be. Lightly sweet with a bit of waxiness and peat smoke.

Typically, bourbons are going to be sweeter than scotch whisky. A good bourbon that is sweet is the Woodford Reserve. I also recommend the Ridgemont Reserve 1792.

A couple of nice scotch whiskies on the sweeter side but not overly sweet are the Glenmorangie Original and the Pulteney 12. Neither have much peatiness, if any.

Thanx for your time.So you would say that Gold Label is a good whisky for begginers and in comparison with Glenmorangie 10 which do you think is sweeter?

Hemingway

Postby Hemingway » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:07 pm

Ganga wrote:Makers will not have the peat. JW Gold is less peaty than it used to be. Lightly sweet with a bit of waxiness and peat smoke.

Typically, bourbons are going to be sweeter than scotch whisky. A good bourbon that is sweet is the Woodford Reserve. I also recommend the Ridgemont Reserve 1792.

A couple of nice scotch whiskies on the sweeter side but not overly sweet are the Glenmorangie Original and the Pulteney 12. Neither have much peatiness, if any.

Thanx for your time.So would you say that Gold Label is a good whisky for begginers and between Glenmorangie 10, woodford reserve and gold label which is the sweetest of all?

whiskgeek
Silver Member

Postby whiskgeek » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:27 pm

I like Gold. I dislike Glenmo 10. I don't drink bourbon.

Return to “Whisky Chat”