Beginner in whisky world, need you advice

General chat and talk about whisky.
Mirazh

Beginner in whisky world, need you advice

Postby Mirazh » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:51 am

Hello, nice to be here! I started to drink whisky sometime ago after amazing "whisky workshop" where I had a chance first time to try about 12-15 different brands.

After all, I found that I am crazy about whisky with strong smoky odor and my favorite one is Laphroaig 10! I have 2 questions: 1) Laphroaig has a sweet fruity taste. I would like whisky with salty taste and strong smokey odor(like Laphroaig), does it exist that kind of combination in some another whisky? 2) What brands have even stronger smoky odor comparing to Laphroaig 10?
Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Nu2Whisky

Re: Beginner in whisky world, need you advice

Postby Nu2Whisky » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:05 am

sooo, i also started a few years back and found my love with smoky whiskies. i drink em neat, and have a dropper for the higher abv bottles that i put in about 2-3 drops. anyway, my recommendations below.

ardbeg 10 - most reasonably priced of the lot and imho one of the best sm's around
ardbeg uigeadall - a NAS, but awesome
laphroaig 18 yo if u can find it
laga 16yo
bowmore 12yo
caol ila 12 yo
kilchoman 3rd edition
smokehead - somewhat ok..ish
bunnhabein 12yo - light
highland park 12yo - light but tasty.
laph quarter cask
laph 10yo
jw double black o_O - when in a bind!
bruchladdich octomore - one of the most heavilt peated and also quite expensive
many new ones like 'peat monster' and 'big peat' - also ok.ish NAS whiskies.

any suggestions for further smoky whiskies are truly welcome. always looking to explore.

i check out this site, masterofmalt and ralfy dot com and whisky dot com for reviews

antheo

Re: Beginner in whisky world, need you advice

Postby antheo » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:05 am

Good morning

I would like to know which off-licence , liquor stores are the best to buy from online in Europe that also deliver within the EU. That is to say cheap shipping and good prices of whisky specifically malt whisky.

Regards
A.T.

Return to “Whisky Chat”