stop new members from joining and and delete recent joiners

General chat and talk about whisky.
lincoln imp
Silver Member

stop new members from joining and and delete recent joiners

Postby lincoln imp » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:45 am

Now that this forum is well and truly destroyed by the mindless vandalism that is hijacking threads with advertising I have a suggestion for site admin.

Please block any new members from joining, I know this is a drastic step but every new members these days appearscto be fake.

Delete any new member like RolanClit that has joined in the last 7 days, again this may take a few genuine new joiners out but we need to get rid of the vermin.

Site Admin, please help :cry:

lincoln imp
Silver Member

Re: stop new members from joining and and delete recent joi

Postby lincoln imp » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Thanks, Ganga.
I put the thread in this section for that very reason.
When I have been on the last few days there has been over 100 persons on line but I getthe sense that few people are actually posting?

As I have said before it is such a shame that this is happening but how long can this forum limp on in this state?

Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:48 am

I just received my first renewal notice as well as an email, both arriving on the same day. I'm seriously considering whether I should even bother renewing, looking at the state of these Forums. When they were well managed, the Forums were a nice augmentation to the magazine at one time.
Musky

lincoln imp
Silver Member

Postby lincoln imp » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:18 pm

Ganga wrote:
Muskrat Portage wrote:I just received my first renewal notice as well as an email, both arriving on the same day. I'm seriously considering whether I should even bother renewing, looking at the state of these Forums. When they were well managed, the Forums were a nice augmentation to the magazine at one time.
Musky

I think you should note that back to them Musky.

Unfortunately the forum is not managed in any shape or form now.

I agree the forum used to go hand in hand with the magazine and it worked well but why waste your money. This forum is representative of the magazine surely, after all it carries the same name?

Return to “Whisky Chat”