Kilchoman road. Care required

General chat and talk about whisky.
anationonfire
Gold Member

Re: Kilchoman road. Care required

Postby anationonfire » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:56 am

That's terrible news. At least your on the road again.
I had to Google "sump car" to figure out what the heck you were talking about, my guess was tranny pan,oil pan, fuel tank I really had no idea.

Turns out it was your Oil Pan Correct?
Different lingo over here.

johnmac54

Postby johnmac54 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Re Kilchoman Road

Sorry to hear that Willie had a bit of a mishap on our road. Having just started at Kilchoman I was a little concerned about the local rumours concerning the road . I drive a small Corsa and have absolutely no problem getting to work each morning , perhaps its the lovely aroma wafting down the road which is drawing me in. As the road is used by all sorts of vehicles including a large number of very large ones on a regular basis it is of course difficult to maintain in tip - top condition.
We know you are all anxious to get here, however having travelled great distances it would be a shame if the last few hundred metres were to defeat any avid dram - hunter .
Drive slowly and avoid driving directly on the centre of the road and you should be fine.
Willie , it looks like I owe you a special dram next time !!!

P.S. Dont listen too much to blethers from garages regarding "sumps per day" or suchlike , accidents can happen anywhere.

Kind Regards
John Mac Lellan

corbuso
Gold Member

Postby corbuso » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:30 pm

johnmac54 wrote:Re Kilchoman Road

Sorry to hear that Willie had a bit of a mishap on our road. Having just started at Kilchoman I was a little concerned about the local rumours concerning the road . I drive a small Corsa and have absolutely no problem getting to work each morning , perhaps its the lovely aroma wafting down the road which is drawing me in. As the road is used by all sorts of vehicles including a large number of very large ones on a regular basis it is of course difficult to maintain in tip - top condition.

Kind Regards
John Mac Lellan

Willie,
Sorry for you. When I am on Islay, I either biked or rented a small car, so not much problem for me, but as mentioned by John, the road suffers a lot from the lorries.

John,
Congratulations and all the best for new position! I hope you can help John and Anthony to get the best of the distillery !

Should I dare to ask you who is taking over Bunnhahabhain, if they have not closed it down for good?

Kind regards
Patrick
http://www.whisky-news.com

johnmac54

Postby johnmac54 » Thu May 06, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi all whisky lovers

An update on the Kilchoman Distillery road.

I am happy to report that we have this week had our local contractor on site to give our road a bit of a makeover .

Generally speaking the road is greatly improved however we do urge caution when driving on it , keep slightly off -centre and drive slowly , don,t worry the whisky will still be there when you arrive.

Kind Regards
John

Return to “Whisky Chat”