RIP Whisky Magazine Forum

General chat and talk about whisky.
lincoln imp
Silver Member

RIP Whisky Magazine Forum

Postby lincoln imp » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:19 am

I used to be on here quite a lot but since the forum was hacked by spam threads a while back not so much.
It is so sad to see no person apart from Jolly Toper posting anything, like I said I have not been on for some time yet my posts are the last ones in some sections.
This forum might as well close down if no person can be bothered to post anything, what a shame but if it has had its time so be it, admin do the decent thing and turn the lights out please.
This used to be a great forum, shame.

Jolly Toper
Bronze Member

Re: RIP Whisky Magazine Forum

Postby Jolly Toper » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:13 pm

It's not really black arm band time is it?!

Where do I read your notes for the rare and obscure now Lincoln Imp?

lincoln imp
Silver Member

Postby lincoln imp » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Hi JT, as you know I am still on WWW and also on whiskybase and the odd time on other forums. I don`t think the site has recovered from the massive influx of spam a while back which killed it, such a shame but apart from your postings who else is posting regularly on here?

Jolly Toper
Bronze Member

Postby Jolly Toper » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:14 am

Certainly days go by without a post, then a one off question for help with a gift purchase. I'd have thought WM would have been interested in cultivating membership. Maybe the soil is still fertile, perhaps a few seeds, some fertilizer and TLC and hey presto a healthy filed of barley, or soemthing like that....

lincoln imp
Silver Member

Postby lincoln imp » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:45 am

Perhaps you are right about that but look at the `what did you drink last night thread`no posts since April 2017, `what are you drinking now` has no posts since 29th December, people have obviously switched off, was the reason all the spam problems, if so who can blame them, I pleaded with site admin to sort it out many times but it took too long to be honest and the damage was done.
Perhaps it is just a case of people moving on?

whiskgeek
Silver Member

Postby whiskgeek » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:25 am

I was worried for a while about WWW fading, but it's still hanging in there. So the favored sites come and go.

Die-hards like us don't really need another place to converse if we're only talking amongst ourselves. But it's worth it, if someone new joins in. And I like to put in my time at the helpdesk even if few of those people ever come back.

Nu2Whisky

Postby Nu2Whisky » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:09 pm

hi guys. this was the place when i was, well, nu2whisky as my name suggests. been 7yrs now. got some badges so to speak
wow - forum is wiped out. any pointers on similar forums elsewhere?

Jolly Toper
Bronze Member

Postby Jolly Toper » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:59 am

Try:

http://www.whiskymag.com/forum/

Pretty much the same.

See you there.

Jolly Toper
Bronze Member

Postby Jolly Toper » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:02 am

Interestingly, for me anyway, (my life is obviously dull) my Benriach profile post here has 700+ views and only 24 over at whiskymag. Does this suggest this forum is more about readers than posters?

whiskgeek
Silver Member

Postby whiskgeek » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:15 am

This is Whiskymag.com :-)

I would say this forum comes up first in the searches, so this is where the newcomers and other curious people come. The other forums are where people go, if they have more perseverance.

Return to “Whisky Chat”