Whiskies of the World Expo

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.
Jan
Gold Member

Postby Jan » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:17 am

An impressive sight :shock:

Are all those old style CCs still containing their original whiskies?

Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:42 am

Wow, nice lineup there! I wish I was there this year too then, just to meet up with you 2 and share some of those nice treats. Last year's Expo was okay, but I was surprisingly disappointed in Jim Murray's tasting, not his fault at all, actually he did a helluva job, but in the glassware!! Atrocious! I was in disbelief at the surreal setting of old, 70's style thick, smoke-tinted water goblets to be used for his well chosen whisky samples!

Di Blasi

Postby Di Blasi » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:04 pm

mikeymad wrote:
Jan wrote:Are all those old style CCs still containing their original whiskies?

Yep they are the original CC's, I think that we have a small set of them coming in from auction as well to add to the list. This is what is pictured:

Aberfeldy nas 1966 ( 40%, Gordon&MacPhail, Connoisseurs Choice, bottled in 1980s )
Benrinnes nas 1968 ( 40%, Gordon&MacPhail, Connoisseurs Choice, bottled in 1980s )
Benromach nas 1968 ( 40%, Gordon&MacPhail, Connoisseurs Choice, bottled in 1980s )
Caperdonich nas 1968 ( 40%, Gordon&MacPhail, Connoisseurs Choice, bottled in 1980s )
Dallas Dhu nas 1968 ( 40%, Gordon&MacPhail, Connoisseurs Choice, bottled in 1980s )
Glencraig nas 1968 ( 40%, Gordon&MacPhail, Connoisseurs Choice, bottled in 1980s )
Kinclaith nas 1966 ( 40%, Gordon&MacPhail, Connoisseurs Choice, bottled in 1980s )
Millburn nas 1966 ( 40%, Gordon&MacPhail, Connoisseurs Choice, bottled in 1980s )
Miltonduff nas 1963 ( 40%, Gordon&MacPhail, Connoisseurs Choice, bottled in 1980s )

Couple things that are hard to find and we got a deal on. In the back row there is a GlenEsk as well. This will help knock our untried distillery list down a bit. It is getting down to about 5 or 6.

Over the course of this week I should be able to get to my 500th beverage rated. I am at about 465 right now, and I average about 30 at the show. But ganga is showing up on Wednesday, so we are starting in then.

Also - Di Blasi, I did not go to the Friday sessions last year. I am sorry to hear the glass problem. I have been going to this show from about 1998, and there has never been great glassware (unless you buy it). I probably will be bringing my own.

I should be getting the pour list for this years show pretty soon from Susan at K&L Wines. Can share with anyone interested.

Cheers,

Wow quite an accomplishment there mikeymad!
As for the glassware issue, quite surprising to hear it's a reoccuring fact, unbelievable! Glassware is so important to the connoisseur, I'm surprised they don't deal with that issue.
And I'm definitely interested in the pour list from K&L! Will they have the Bruichladdich "First Born??" Or is that truly not released til Fall?? Have fun guys!

aarkwilde

Postby aarkwilde » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:46 pm

Mikeymad, please post!

I'll be there on Saturday. Looking forward to it, though my last bus home runs at 10:00pm so I'll have to cut the night short.

Lewis

aarkwilde

Postby aarkwilde » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:35 pm

my mouth is watering.

Di Blasi

Postby Di Blasi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:11 am

Yes, a helluva list there! Surprised to see no Bruichladdich though. How was the WOW this year?? Have they gotten real glassware for the masterclasses???

Return to “Whisky Events”