Kentucky Bourbon Festival?

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.
jimidrammer
Gold Member

Kentucky Bourbon Festival?

Postby jimidrammer » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:20 pm

I plan on being there Sept. 14th or 15th, then off to a Buffalo Trace Distillery Tour. Anyone else going?

jeffk
Bronze Member

Postby jeffk » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:50 pm

I considered it, but ended up heading off to London the following weekend, so I decided that was enough travel for one month. But now that I think of it, it sounds fun ;)

MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby MGillespie » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:53 am

I was going to go, but couldn't get off work long enough to justify the trip this year...

Mark

Deactivated Member

Re: Kentucky Bourbon Festival?

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:34 am

jimidrammer wrote:...Anyone else going?

Always. I'll probably be there Friday-Sunday, but will possibly join a group selecting a single barrel of Elmer T. Lee (with Elmer himself pre-selecting the barrels and present to guide) at Buffalo Trace Thursday. (I'll get a share of the bottling in any case.)
Don't miss the nightly gatherings at the Gazebo behind the Best Western General Nelson -- just west of downtown, and within easy walking distance from the Festival's 'lawn' -- a mostly StraightBourbon.com affair open to all comers with 'admission' simply a deposit of a bottle you'd be proud to share onto the table. You'll see legendary whiskeys on that table, and often can bend an elbow with a master distiller or two. But nearly every type of whisk(e)y will be present to sample.

Return to “Whisky Events”