Edinburgh : whisky tasting on canal barge

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.
Jolly Toper

Edinburgh : whisky tasting on canal barge

Postby Jolly Toper » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:51 am

I can highly recommend this:-

https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/scotch-egg-club-presents-whisky-on-water

I've hosted a few similar excursions so when I was in the 'audience' last night it was interesting to see it from a 'punter's' perspective. I knew the relaxed passage passed parks and blossoming gardens was an enjoyable aspect of the trip but I didn't fully appreciate just how pleasant the gentle journey is.

The hosts are on top of their game with Jamie from Solid Liquids very experienced in such things while Craig Johnston has a unique perspective having worked with the likes of Glenkinchie the SMWS, Bruichladdich and has just returned from managing a distillery in Tasmania. The combination of his wit and production/history wisdom is a real joy.

The drams are all from the Dewars so a nice combination of styles from their distilleries as well as their main blend. The tone is light with some quality nibbles and games to break up the chat. The ticket also includes some offers at Royal Mile Whiskies and Akva bar which is handy for a post-cruise pint.

Return to “Whisky Events”