White Horse Scotch

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues
markmccall

White Horse Scotch

Postby markmccall » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 am

I just finished reading Neil Ridley's Drinkin' Like It's 1985 in Issue 127 and it definitely struck a chord, especially when he mentioned his current search for bottles of White Horse brand whisky. My first taste, and bottle, of Scotch was White Horse. It was the summer of 1967 and although working in a "dry" county of Tennessee, I was taken by some of my co-workers to a local bootlegger's shop and when I got to the front of the line, the only whisky left was a pint of White Horse Scotch Whisky. To be honest, I do not remember a thing about the whisky and over the years I have progressed far beyond this expression. A few years ago, while in Naples, I noticed that the hotel bar had White Horse on the shelf and I decided to try my first scotch again. Unfortunately, I learned why it was the bootlegger's last bottle and why I do not see it on any shelves in the US. Happily though, it did not destroy my taste for good whisky or whiskey.

willstrout

Re: White Horse Scotch

Postby willstrout » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:25 pm

You should have taste Connemara Cask Strength at least.

nicole612

Re: White Horse Scotch

Postby nicole612 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:18 am

Was it that bad?

Return to “Whisky Magazine”